Sunday 21 August 2011

The Devil In My Home

                                                       He chases me in the fields
                                                       In the market,...
                                                       With all my vital force, I run in fright!
                                                       Faster than even my legs can carry me


                                                       Panting... Panting... Panting
                                                       I see my home
                                                       Sweet relief fills my soul
                                                       I slam my door shut... BANG!!
                                                     

                                                       The cool breeze of peace...
                                                       Overwhelming security...
                                                       Calm engulfs me!
                                                       I exhale...


                                                      Turning away from the door
                                                      Alas! There he is! The devil himself!
                                                      Struggling now I am
                                                      To leave my own home...


                                                      But trapped I am...
                                                      I charge towards him!!!
                                                      With the power the greater one gives
                                                      And to my greatest thrill... I am a conqueror!
                                                                     
                                                                              
                                                                            By Eme - Umesi Afoma

This is for Nnamdi (about you know who)...:)
                                                      

4 comments:

  1. Aww! Nice Afoma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kemi!!! You've been so awesome...^_^ :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweetie!...u wrote it to me :)...yees! i kow who it is u talent!

    ReplyDelete