Tuesday 5 February 2013

BETRAYAL-- A Poem

Trust violated
Circle broken
    Hearts mutilated
      Denial beckoning.



 I feel my idea of us shatter.
In my discombobulated mind,
I hear pieces of my broken heart clatter.
Feeling as worthless as an orange rind.



Memories clearer under the mist of deception
How had I never seen?
I allowed my heart to perform repression;
Blind my eyes in my head since



I accept, I was a fool
I accept, I have been played
I accept, its time to pull away the wool
I accept, I have been betrayed. 

                                 


                                                                   -Eme Umesi A.


                                                             
                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment